HOME CONSTRUCTION CHECKLIST
During the construction phase, there will be some choices you will need to make and things that you will need to purchase. Please go over everything and let us know if you have any questions.
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
- Brick selection – Please go to Werdon Buck, 55 East Webster Street, Joliet, IL, to select your brick or brick/stone. The brick allowance is $500.00 per thousand.
- Roof color selection – You can look around the neighborhood and give us an address for this.
- Siding color selection – Same as above or you can go to Adler Warehouse, 1620 E Cass St, Joliet, IL Joliet to see available options.
- Soffit/fascia/gutter colors – Same as above.
- Garage door color selection – Same as above or you can go to Wilmington Door 515 N. Kankakee St.
Wilmington, IL to see available options.
WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF SIGNING CONTRACT:
- Appliances – You will be supplying the appliances. Before you order your cabinets please know the size/model and type of appliances you plan on purchasing so that the cabinets can be sized appropriately.
- Cabinets and Flooring – Please call Schilling Distribution in Mokena, 708-479-7007 and make an appointment with Sabrina Casey to select your cabinets and flooring. The address is 9900 191st Street, Mokena, IL. Please note that any overages need to be paid at the time of order.
- Granite – Once you have selected your cabinets, please go to Midwest Stone Sales, 11926 S Aero Dr, Plainfield, IL 60585 to select your kitchen granite. They will show you the standard selections.
- For baths and powder rooms: if you would like to have granite in these areas, Midwest Stone has remnant pieces that are a very small upgrade from the standard white cultured marble top price that we provide. If you decide to do this, you will need to select one of the sinks that they have in stock or purchase the sinks on your own and take them to Midwest Stone around the time that they measure for granite. This also applies to your kitchen sink. Midwest Stone stocks a couple of stainless sinks. If you want a granite composite or a farm sink you will need to purchase that separately and deliver it to Midwest Stone. The credit for purchasing your own kitchen sink is $75.00. This credit will be applied at closing. Regarding farm sinks: If you are purchasing a farm sink, Sabrina at Schilling needs to be aware of that when you order your cabinets so that the cabinet face can be left off in the sink area. After the cabinets are ordered, it is too late to get a farm sink.
AROUND THE TIME OF PRE-INSULATION/DRYWALL INSPECTION:
- Trim Selection – You can either have wide white trim or standard oak trim. The doors provided are painted white doors. You have the choice of 2, 4 or 6-panel doors. If you want to see what they look like you can view them at Schillings. The standard hardware is brushed nickel knobs and hinges. If you want oil rubbed bronze or if you want lever hardware instead of knobs let us know. Please note that lever hardware is an upgrade.
- Light Fixtures – During the pre-insulation/drywall inspection one of our representatives will go over with you what light fixtures you will need to purchase. While we won’t need them until roughly two weeks prior to closing you may want to get started as some fixtures may be on back order. Most or all of your fixtures can be purchased at Home Depot, Menards or Lowes. Your lighting allowance will be credited at closing.
AROUND THE TIME OF THE POST DRYWALL INSPECTION:
- Ceiling color – This will also be your wall color if you choose not to upgrade. If you are going with the upgrade of different colored walls, please also have your wall color selected. Please note: WE ONLY APPLY FLAT PAINT ON FRESH DRYWALL. No eggshell, no satin, no semi-gloss, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is new construction and will require touchups to achieve the desired final product. Eggshell, satin and semi-gloss paints will flash when touched up, therefore FLAT PAINT ONLY. We use Sherwin Williams Paint so please choose your paint colors from what they offer.
- Front door color – We can use the siding or the soffit/gutter color for your front door or you can select a color from Sherwin Williams and let us know.
Please email all selection choices to firstname.lastname@example.org